gTitle$> <$BlogRSDURL$>


savoirefaire's BLOG
{Tuesday, August 26, 2008 . }

I rewatched the 1 season there was of Freaks and Geeks, a show that brings me back to the time I used to watch it on TV when I was 15 or so. It's a brilliant TV show about these freaky (loser, burn-out, junkie but smart/funny) and geeky (physically immature, scrawny, dungeons and dragons) kids in McKinley High in the year 1980. It was made by Judd Apatow, and even though it got cancelled in its first season by icky ABC, it is no less than genius and currently has a huge cult following amongst teens.

People who starred in this show include Jason Segel (Marshall from How I Met Your Mother), Seth Rogen (who starred in Knocked Up etc), John Francis Daley (currently in Bones) and James Franco (Spiderman series as Harvey Osbourne).

The entire season can be watched on Youtube.

Rewatching this made me reminisce about what a huge Freak I was in my one year of American High School. I was burned-out, skipping classes, never turning in homework for some classes, and yet miraculously doing well for all my science tests. I dressed like a complete nobody, had my uniform of a plain khaki t-shirt and khaki pants or dark blue jeans and this blue shirt I would throw on, and when it was winter, I varied it with an oversized Men's jacket or my one and only long black trenchcoat I am still going to use in the UK this coming fall. Sigh.

Oh and I have the biggest hugest HOTS for James Franco:




That's him from the show btw, when he was 19 years old. I know he's not "handsome" but he oozes the irritatingly adorableness that is my WEAKNESS. The stupid doofus can make people melt just from the bull-shit that he spouts and even when you know you're being suckered, you can't help but indulge it. Sigh...

All the actors do a great job in this show btw. It's a real pity there aren't enough episodes.

Labels: ,



savoirefaire blogged at 11:27 PM



***

Comments: Post a Comment



Search this site or the web

Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind


designed by: dreamwalker
game scripted by: Lancer
game script from: syahidah
time & calendar scripts from: DynamicDrive