gTitle$> <$BlogRSDURL$>


savoirefaire's BLOG
{Tuesday, April 29, 2008 . }

Things I have been meaning to blog about:

TV: I got up to speed with America's Next Top Model Cycle 10 and I am a firm supporter of Anya (picture courtesy of www.fanpop.com):



I just saw a silly Yahoo Questions post and comments exchange and how so many people don't want her to win because of her silly accent and how it's "not Hawaiian". I don't really care, she takes amazing photos, has the soul of an angel (oh Bless Her) and is fucking HILARIOUS!!

Every episode, I am online with a friend and all I do is exclaim AAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA when she comes on. I don't know, it's just the response she evokes in me.

Note: I concur with two of my friends that we'd all die if Dominique won.

Also I started to watch this new sitcom called The Big Bang Theory which is really good. The witty geeky science and sci-fi inspired dialogues are something I latched on to immediately (because I am SURROUNDED BY IT). And there's the dynamic between all the characters that is full of spark and comic-timing, which I would say exceeds that for the other decent sitcom running in the US right now, How I Met Your Mother. My favourite character is Sheldon, who reminds me of all the tight-assed annoying INxJs out there (probably 9) with a hint of Aspergers. He is far more clueless than his flatmate Leonard who has a bonafide crush on their neighbour Penny, a regular fun-loving blonde, a waitress who aspires to be an actress. What I like about the show is that they don't really dumb down Penny, because it's really not required. She's able to hold her own with these geeks and give good retorts to their insane babbling, acting as a good counter-balance for their insanity. Two recurring characters (whom I think are as much of the show as the other characters) are Howard who's a really horny, short Jewish boy who lives with his overbearing mother, and Rajesh, a post-doctorate from New Delhi (and lives up to that description. I think what struck me is how the fact that Raj can't talk to women mirrors some of the strange Indian boys that were in my Uni, who thought talking to women was the greatest aberration and continuously ridiculed their friends who liked girls. If you enjoy watching people who dress up as the Doppler Effect, or peoplel arguing over the physics in the Superman movies, or going crazy playing Halo 3, watch The Big Bang Theory.

Now I was going to ramble about other stuff like my 4 day work-week idea and erm (shoot I forgot!) but I am going for lunch. Oh and after 6 weeks, I am finally completely fine and not coughing like a maniac.

Labels: , , ,



savoirefaire blogged at 10:59 AM



***

Comments: Post a Comment



Search this site or the web

Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind


designed by: dreamwalker
game scripted by: Lancer
game script from: syahidah
time & calendar scripts from: DynamicDrive