gTitle$> <$BlogRSDURL$>


savoirefaire's BLOG
{Thursday, July 28, 2005 . }

my dad just marked the end of his short two day trip to singapore by leaving in a cab, minutes before I started typing this. His last words?
"Remember what I said, no roaming around at night....you don't have undue freedom"
a topic he never brought up in the course of his entire stay here until now.
Good grief. How to take someone as caustic about terrorism as him, seriously? Who doesn't understand the importance of not even harbouring prejudice in thought or word against anyone?
I grew up hero-worshipping my Dad, mostly because I never saw him I guess, with all the travelling that he did. He has qualities I like to say I hope I inherited.
Somehow age is not doing justice to our relationship. Neither is time filling up the ever-growing gulf between us.
I can stop fantasizing that my dad's like Atticus Finch.
not that I don't love him or anything.


savoirefaire blogged at 10:39 AM



***

Comments: Post a Comment



Search this site or the web

Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind


designed by: dreamwalker
game scripted by: Lancer
game script from: syahidah
time & calendar scripts from: DynamicDrive