gTitle$> <$BlogRSDURL$>


savoirefaire's BLOG
{Monday, June 14, 2004 . }


Now the problem with embarking on projects like writing a novel which I have as of today (it's titled "the shortest novel...ever") is the lack of ideas and subject matter. Not that my mind is barren of any thought as such but I haven't engaged in any form of creative writing other than perhaps blogging since I left high school. Even in my final year of high school, any bit of writing I did do was merely for completion as I had *cough cough* other priorities.
Ultimately, the biggest advice there is out there is to write from personal experience, not to fear being autobiographical and to embrace inner thoughts and feelings and putting them down on paper. That is difficult given that my life is 1) complicated, 2) complicated and 3) not something I should write about because it's inconclusive mostly. Yes, the idea would be to embrace all of it as inspiration and conjure up a fictitious story and perhaps write something I have always wanted to read. I don't know whether it's me but that just sounds even more complicated than writing about life as it is.
Ultimately, discipline is seen to be the ultimate virtue to be having embarking on a project like this. I came across a site which claims to give you a guideline to write a novel in just 100 days! That's just even more daunting. Giving yourself a deadline, like everything else in the real world. Whatever it is, it has to come naturally and it has to be nothing less than brilliant, regardless of whether I want to publish it or not.
It's time to embrace the fact that creativity doesn't exactly come easy under pressure. But having no pressure merely means that nothing is ever going to get done or written. Ultimately, I am aiming for completion and also, the piece of work to be presentable to potential readers. And I am hoping I haven't lost any bit of writing skill I had from writing before. >.<



savoirefaire blogged at 7:11 PM



***

Comments: Post a Comment



Search this site or the web

Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind


designed by: dreamwalker
game scripted by: Lancer
game script from: syahidah
time & calendar scripts from: DynamicDrive