gTitle$> <$BlogRSDURL$>


savoirefaire's BLOG
{Wednesday, April 21, 2004 . }

Today I will go nostalgic and talk about the coolest thing I have probably ever done...well, one of the coolest I would say.

As much as I suck at like art and the like, you know, painting, designing, colouring and all that, I have actually won a prize in an art competition before. Unbelievable but true. It's cool 'cos it was an on-the-spot thing, I was only eleven, and the painting is actually framed up and hung somewhere in me old primary school (grades 1-6). I didn't draw orange humans with no fingers or grinning animals with human like facial features or shit like that...I drew our old school building, the front porch, the trees with its orange flowers, the shelter parking space for the principal's car, details like the tiny spotlight directly above the driveway and the tinted huge french windows into the art room at the attic and the white-washed arches of the walkway and the gravel road with the sky being a strange blue my friends and I mixed into this bowl and shared amongst ourselves. It was a beautiful 58 year old building they tore down soon after that competition and it was a huge ass A3 sized thing and filled with colour to the corners and all.

Unfortunately, never paid much attention to perfecting the art, you know, actually making the effort to being good at it. I like doodling now, and I doodle everywhere, during class on my notes, on my hand, all the time. But that's where it ends.

I think it's still good that I am able to appreciate art as much as I do. It just adds to pile of things I wish I could master but never really will. We all have that list. Yayy for me semi-scientific brain! :P


savoirefaire blogged at 4:05 PM



***

Comments: Post a Comment



Search this site or the web

Site search Web search

powered by FreeFind


designed by: dreamwalker
game scripted by: Lancer
game script from: syahidah
time & calendar scripts from: DynamicDrive